Quality and Professionalism Defines Who We Are
Illuminating Your Home
Come meet the lighting experts from Lucia Lighting. They will show you the newest and most efficient…
“Counter” Productive: Countertops and Backsplashes
Would you like to update your countertop? What are the pros and cons of granite? What about quartz?…
- See all Events!
This kitchen project was extremely rewarding for us. There are two "chef's" in this…
Stephen Doucet named President of EMNARI
Stephen Doucet of Doucet Remodeling & Design, Inc of Stoneham, was sworn in as the 2013 president…
- Go to all News
If these qualities define you, too, we’d like to know you. We’re frequently looking for prospective employees and sub-contractors, including carpenters, carpenter helpers, and lead carpenters.
Benefits for full-time employees include competitive salary, paid holidays, vacation time and workers comp. coverage. Health plan coverage is available if needed.
Contact us to ask any question you may have.
The lead carpenter’s job is to profitably, efficiently, and to the homeowner’s total satisfaction produce remodeling projects using carpentry and management skills.
- Customer satisfaction
- Job-site supervision, protection, and cleanliness
- Carpentry labor Supervision and scheduling of subcontractors
- Scheduling of inspections
- Material takeoffs and orders
- Maintenance of job-site paperwork
- Perform all carpentry labor for job; utilize help as needed
- Coordinate all subcontractors, work out layout problems, and ensure proper performance
- Coordinate materials ordering and delivery: ensure timely delivery, check all delivery slips to verify proper delivery of all items, and coordinate and track all returns
- Make timely requests for all necessary inspections, including but not limited to footing, framing, electrical, plumbing, and heating, insulation, and final inspections. Plumbers and electricians will call for their own inspections
- Maintain a clean and tidy job site at all times, including dust protection, daily cleanup, organized tool and material storage, weekly trash removal and final cleanup
- Keep all job records, including time cards, change orders, job communication memos, material shipping tickets, return tickets, and invoices, and forward them to the office at least once a week
- Maintain all personal and company tools
- Participation in preconstruction conference and precompletion punchlist, completing own punchlist
- Interact with customers to ensure their satisfaction
- Have knowledge of labor costs and control throughout the project
- Save all items as directed that are to be reused
Set clear goals for each worker on site; give clear instructions
and confirm that they have been followed
- Protect all of the customers property
Be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds up a ladder to the
second story roof on a continuous basis
- Know all shut-off locations for electrical, gas, water, security, sprinkler systems, etc.
- Set up and maintain job-site safety procedures
- Keep job equipment on site and in good working order
- Be able to work productively at all required working heights
- Perform other job duties and responsibilities as needed and requested by management or immediate supervisor Skills and Tools Required
- Trade school preferred but not required
- Five years of carpentry experience
- Complete expanded inventory of hand and basic power tools, small compressor with framing nailer and finish nailer
- Ability to read blueprints, lay out project from foundation up, and follow contract
- Knowledge of basic building code requirements
- Ability to perform materials takeoffs
- Knowledge of basic mechanical requirements
- Ability to direct and manage others
- Excellent communication skills
The carpenter’s job is the hands on performance of all project-related demolition, framing and finish carpentry, drywall, painting, and or other project-related tasks as may be assigned by or agreed upon with the lead carpenter or production manager.
The carpenter is required to have his own hand tools, some basic power tools such as; circular saw, sawzall, drill, small compressor, framing nailer, finish nailer, as well as levels, bars, and other tools needed to perform carpentry work.
Specialty tools as well as ladders; staging and scaffolds will be supplied by Doucet Remodeling & Design, Inc.
The carpenter’s helper’s job is to be a key resource for the lead carpenter by helping with production, material handling, and job site cleanup in a reliable and enthusiastic fashion. The carpenter’s helper should have his own hand tools; pouch, hammer, tape measure, knife, small speed square.
Recruitment and Hiring
It is our policy to treat all job applicants and employees fairly and base hiring and promotion decisions on individual qualifications.
Employment can be full-time year-round or part time. This is determined at the time of hiring and is subject to change based in part on the agreement between those involved.